Foot problems are commonly the result of joint dysfunction and nerve interference in the spine, pelvis or lower limb. Our chiropractors are trained to identify the cause, assist in its management, and give advice for prevention.
WHY DO PROBLEMS OCCUR? COMMON CAUSES ARE:
- Lumbar or sacro-iliac subluxation
Malfunction of joints in the pelvis and lower back may interfere with nerves exiting from the spine, resulting in referred pain, numbness, pins and needles or weakness in the limb. Nerves to the blood vessels may be affected and cause hot or cold changes, or pain in the limb.
- Malfunction or imbalance of other joints
This may arise at the hip, knee ankle or foot.
- Muscle or tendon injury/imbalance
Lumbar and sacro-iliac subluxation, malfunction of other joints and muscle/tendon injury most frequently arise from:
- A sudden trauma- may include injuries from sporting and car accidents, or from falls, knocks and jolts.
- Over-use/excessive loading- resulting from repetitive stresses from work, poor posture, carrying school bags on one shoulder, sporting activities, poor bedding or sleep patterns, incorrect footwear etc.
Arising from abnormal function in other areas of the spine, organs of the abdomen or pelvis; vascular disturbance may also be a factor.
Injury and poor function of joints can cause premature wear and tear, leading to osteoarthritis. Correct joint alignment, mobility, and muscle balance are essential in preventing degenerative change.
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort in your hips or legs, come and talk to one of our Chiropractors.